Re: Problem with "finish" command in insight.

[Moved to correct list]

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 15:39, Josef Wolf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have noticed a problem with the "finish" command when insight is used.
> The finish command sets an invisible breakpoint in the calling function.
> For some reason this invisible breakpoint is not removed afterwards.
> Therefore all consecutive "continue" commands stumble over this invisible
> breakpoint.
>
> I can't reproduce this with plain gdb. When using insight, it doesn't make
> any difference whether the "finish"-button or the "finish" command from the
> console window is used.
>
> Have anyone seen such an effect? Or maybe someone can reproduce it?
> Maybe someone could give me a hint where I should dig for the bug?

You must be using an older version of insight. I remember checking in a
patch for this...

2002-11-06  Keith Seitz  <keiths@redhat.com>

        * generic/gdbtk-hooks.c (gdbtk_call_command): Make a null
        cleanup and run it after every issued gdb command. Apparently
        some commands depend on this. [This should really be part of
        main gdb...]