Re: [Bdm-devel] RE: Problems using Insight/GDB for Coldfire

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 18:17, Paul Whitfield wrote:
> >>(gdb) tk gdb_target_has_execution
> >>0
> >

> >>(gdb) tk set ::gdb_running
> >>0

This definitely indicates an error in the target support...

> I took the code and added the line
>
>     inferior_ptid = pid_to_ptid (42000);	/* Make run command think we
> are busy... */

Where did you put this? According to monitor.c, it should be set
TARGET_open.

> This now enables all the buttons.
>
> But if I attempt to load a new file, then get the following
> sequence

This might be the correct behavior. What exactly did you do? FWIW, JUST
hit the Run button. It will attach, download, and continue the target
(which is the most common way of using remote targets).

> Insight tells me that a debugging session is in progress and do
> I want to end it.
>
> Then when I attempt to load the file I get an error

What error?

> Also if I load my program by scripts and start everything
> running I have the same problem when I hit the first
> breakpoint, i.e. insight thinks that the target
> is not running again.

That doesn't altogether suprise me. But let's address these issues one
at a time.