Re: doubt in using add command

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 03:08, KiranKumar B Shivananda wrote:

> $menubar add menubutton file "File" 0
> $menubar add command None "Close" \
> [code.....................
>

> but when i tried to invoke this program it gave the following error
>
> can't read "menubar": no such variable.

If you look at the rhabout plugin, it does this, too. The variable
"menubar" is defined in the PluginWindow class. Is your plugin class
inheriting this class? (See src/gdb/gdbtk/plugins/rhabout/rhabout.itcl.)

> Whether I have to include my file in a particular  directory? If yes
> which directory?

Just follow the example plugin (rhabout). That should get you nearly
everything you would need. (If that fails, take a look at the
intel-pentium plugin.)

> Or whether I have to use lappend command to include some directory in
> the auto_path? If yes please give me the directory and syntax to use
> lappend

You should not need to do this. This will be done by your plugin's
config file, i.e., myplugin.tcl.in (see
src/gdb/gdbtk/plugins/rhabout/rhabout.tcl.in).