RE: building insight with mingw

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:12:46PM -0800, Keith Seitz wrote:
> >On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 12:37, Dave Murphy wrote:
> >>I've managed to get past the ide_cygwin_path stuff now, everything
> >>compiles and installs but Insight just stops for no readily apparent
> >>reason.  Attempting to debug gives me a SIGSEGV in mscvrt.dll relating
> >>to setjmp which is confusing me a little.
> >
> >I think you've hit the proverbial brick wall.  Gdb uses setjmp/longjmp,
> >and I suspect it always will.

The issue isn't with gdb as such, plain vanilla gdb works fine under windows
when compiled with mingw. Obviously this is with the non official patches.
Setjmp/longjmp are supported in that environment although I believe there
are some issues with windows SEH.

What  I'm trying to find out is if the error is likely to be thrown up by
attempting to debug Insight with a native gdb or indeed a cygwin Insight.

> Wouldn't it be best to be working these kind of issues out with the
> mingw mailing list?  I doubt that we have many people with windows
> experience here.

I was hoping similar issues may have been encountered with the cygwin port
that might give some clue as to the best way to proceed :) I was hoping
someone here might know from the stack trace I showed if the error was
actually at this point :-

#4  0x615ce62c in TclEvalObjvInternal (interp=0x2, objc=19427396, objv=0x1,
command=0x0, length=0,
    flags=2) at ../../../../insight-6.0.new/tcl/generic/tclBasic.c:3048

and the rest of the problem was just the windows SEH, perhaps similar to
this issue

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2003-August/002700.html

apologies if you consider this offtopic, just looking for info in as many
places as I can find.

Dave