Re: [FWD] Stdout and stdin do not appear to run when runningInsight an d Cygwin for the PowerPC.

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:42, Keith Seitz wrote:
> > > Works on Solaris , However output appears in the originating terminal
> > > window.

This is a bug.

> > > Works on Cygwin using PowerPc simulator (using XXXX-run command).
> > > Works on Cygwin using PowerPc XXXX-gdb (target sim, load, run).

I presume you mean that you can see your program's output using
command-line gdb. Unfortunately, this is only a sanity test, since
command-line gdb just dumps output to the terminal: it doesn't have any
windows to worry about!

> > > Fails under Cygwin using Insight.  There are no error messages, the output
> > > doesn't show up anywhere (console or originating terminal).
> > > I've observed the same behavior with a PowerPc environment I built and one
> > > supplied by MicroCross.

If you have a few seconds to debug this.... Put a breakpoint in
gdb_os_printf_filtered, gdb_os_write_stdout, gdb_os_vfprintf_filtered,
and gdb_os_evprintf_filtered. Which one of these does the output pass
through?

Here's a quick thing to try... replace the "gdb_stdout" with
"gdb_stdtarg" in gdb_os_*_filtered.  Work now?