Re: Insight 6.0 and Dlls

On Thursday 05 February 2004 19:24, Keith Seitz wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 07:41, Heiko Gerdau wrote:
> If you look at symbol_file_add now, we see that the
> pre/post_add_symbol_hooks are ONLY called if from_tty != 0 or "info
> verbose" has been set.
>
> Now, I cannot tell you that setting "info verbose" in gdb proper will
> not interfere with insight, but I do think that there is a fundamental
> problem with the hooks not being called in this case.
>
> Should from_tty be non-zero? I don't know.
> Should the hooks be called no matter what? I don't remember. I have
> vague recollections that there was a reason for the from_tty thing. :-(
>
> I've run through the CVS history, and I see that SOLIB_ADD has always
> had from_tty set to 0. Yet I remember clearly that this used to work.
> From the looks of it, it would appear that this shouldn't work on unix,
> either.
>
> Well, that's all I have right now. You migt as well try setting info
> verbose and seeing if that helps works around it for now.

Thanks for pointing this out. If I do the two changes below in function
"symbol_file_add_with_addrs_or_offsets" in symfile.c the insight combobox
is blinking heavily on startup but gets all the source files from all the
libraries with debugginjg information.

I commented out:
lines 887 and 963 in symfile.c each containing
/* ?if (from_tty || info_verbose) */

Thanks
Heiko