Re: Can not compile Insite 6.0 on Solaris

Quoting "Spektor, Leonid (MTO)" <Leonid.Spektor@mto.gov.on.ca>:

> ifeq ($(TCL_SHLIB_SUFFIX),.dll)
> CYGWIN_CFLAGS=-I$(srcdir)/../../../../tcl/win
> else
> CYGWIN_CFLAGS=
> endif

Sadly, yes, this is a GNU-ism. You've three choices:

1) Remove the plugins directory (nobody's ever written one anyway)
2) Fix the Makefiles so that it is compatible with Sun's make utility
3) Install and use GNU make to make GNU tools

Ideally, I would like to see you do #2 (and submit the diffs here! :-), but
honestly, the easiest thing is to just get GNU make and use that to build Insight.
You wouldn't have to use it for anything else.

As it is, I tested that code on Linux and Cygwin (and maybe even Solaris). But I
am sure that it never occurred to me to try anything but GNU Make. Alas, I no
longer have access to a Solaris box to try any of this.