FW: insight 5.3 install

-----Original Message-----
From: Dickinson, Derek
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 12:14 PM
To: 'Matt Ryan'
Subject: RE: insight 5.3 install

Most free software installs with the same general algorithm
(configure, make, make install).

During the configure phase, a makefile is created that has settings
unique to the particular variation that you are trying to build.

I'd recommend reading through the directions for installing GCC
at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ The install procedure for GDB
and/or Insight uses many of the parameters explained there.

Of course, if you are running Cygwin and you are only interested in
the native version, you can install it using the setup program that
is used to install Cygwin itself (www.cygwin.com/setup.exe).