Re: arm-coff stack & local variable display problems

Keith Seitz wrote:

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 04:29, Toralf Lund wrote:

Any ideas why this happens? Notice that I'm looking at code executed *before* main(). Is there any reason why the debugger shouldn't work correctly in that case?

Has the stack been properly set up? If not, stack browsing is never
going to work.

Well, that depends on what exactly "properly" means in this context. Yes, the stack pointer has been initialised, but if there are other requirements, the start routine may well fail to meet those. I'm using the basic crt0.S from "newlib" with a few additions of my own...