Re: Help for memory view!

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 23:16, Emilio Ugo GIUFFRIDA wrote:
> I'm a software developer on Insigth porting for the ST200 processor since last year.
>
> I have to improve the memory view to let the user to view multiple memory areas at the same time.
>
> What I have seen, by stepping through the code, is that is possible to display only a single window for each feature of the GUI.

Insight can already do this, more or less.

Open a memory window. Right-click on one of the cells. The option "Open
New Window at <address>" appears. Click it and another memory window
will open. You can change it to point at any location you want.

Now if you want to open two memory windows from the toolbar, that's
another story. It's been quite some time since I looked at that code,
but I believe that the code to check all that is generic (i.e., the code
allows you to only open a single window of any type). It is located in
managedwin.it{h,b}. You could modify this class to allow multiple
MemoryWins to open.