Help required

Hi there,.
Im using Insight, the GUI for GDB for the first time.

I have a MMC 2107 target.
I have following queries, I us really appreciate if you can help me out:

1. HOw do I load the exe file in the host environemnt. Please take one example and tell me.

I selected "Exec" from the drop down list of target for nativ target selection.. and then loaded the .exe file.
But My prblem is how to do a single step debug, and how to see the variables? When I tried to add the variables in the Watch Window, a warning message came "Symbol table not loaded". Please tell me how to reolve this.

2. How do I connect this Insight with my target. I know that I need to select "target setting" from the FILE menu. and then serial port COM1/COM2.Do I need to do anything more to connect it to the target for debugging?

3. When using the MMC2107 simulator for debugging, what I need to do for debugging?

looking forward for your valuable inputs.
Regards
Samaresh