Re: Insight release schedule

Sefer Tov wrote:
Hi,

as a devoted Insight user I have been monitoring it regualrily for updates.
Observing the release of gdb 6.2 I naturally assumed that it would be followed by a insight 6.2 almost instantly, however, I was greatly disappointed to see that it was not so.

I was wondering whether insight is still under active development (it would be a great shame if such an excellent tool will lose further development focus) and whether I should expect a new version unleashed soon (any estimates?) - aren't gdb & insight development cycles closely tied together?

I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately we are subject to these black periods from time to time. Until someone finds out that its not there anymore and decides to fund some of its development.

Last time Insight was saved by Intel funding, for which I will be forever grateful.

I wish the Red Hat / FSF issue was solved though, as it would entice more developers (although there is no real problem in assigning Insight work to Red Hat, as it is distributed anyway).

Unfortunately some things are only given due value when they go missing. I just hope this happens again this time.

Regards to all, Fernando