RE: Insight release schedule

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 09:57, Dave Korn wrote:
>   At least until they diverge too far, it'll still be pretty easy to
> roll-your-own by copying the insight-related subdirectories[*] from an
> earlier release (insight tarball) into a more up-to-date version of gdb.
> WFMBYMMV.  It isn't really insight 6.2, of course, but if there are bugfixes
> or whatever in the newer gdb that you need to have, there's no need to give
> up using the gui.

The sources in HEAD are kept relatively up-to-date. If there are API
changes in gdb which deprecate those used in insight, someone checks in
a fix -- when that happens is sorta iffy, but it does happen.

That's actually the one thing that I seem to find the motivation to do,
for some reason. I guess I just really want to dump the current stuff
and start over with something free & clear.

I just don't see there being any advantage to developing insight when
there is still confusion/bickering/delay about it's real FSF status, and
the code is quickly becoming dated.

Anyone interested in starting a *new* UI for gdb? ;-)