Masking interrupts during step

Is it possible to setup insight so that it masks interrupts during a single step and then unmasks? My problem is that when I have interrupts enabled and single step, I usually end up stepping into a isr such as the timer interrupt rather than stepping to the next mainline instruction. I think this is usually handled by the "rom monitor" or debug stub running in the target, but I am using a jtag debugger Macraigor mpDemon and have no special code in the target to help with this.

I have also observed that if I have at least my timer interrupt (10ms) enabled and hit a breakpoint that it will not continue from that breakpoint unless I either disable the breakpoint or disable the timer interrupt. Not sure why this is.

-gene