Re: expect and tclsh give different output from "clock scan"

Thanks Christopher.  I think that for my purposes, I
would want to do
the same thing as you (or someone) have done in the
Insight build
environment, it is just that I am a bit lost on how
Insights build
configuration goes about it.

What I am after is getting a version of Expect that
matches Tcl in
every way possible, even if it is a "windows version"
similar to what
Insight uses.  Here is what I think happens, and tell
me where I am wrong:

  If I have a Windows 2000 machine, and build Insight
from source
  using Cygwin, I issue the ./configure <flags>
command from the
  Cygwin shell.  When Insight is built, Tcl is built
and also Expect
  is built.  I am believing that those versions of Tcl
and Expect are
  the "windows versions" you spoke of simply because
they are built on
  a Windows machine AND because of some special
<flags> that are given
  to the ./configure switch to turn off any of the
unix-like behaviors
  Keith spoke of, which means avoiding use of the
posix layer and
  instead using the "goofy windowsy things".

If that is the case, then when I issue the "set
::tcl_platform(platform)" command to those versions of
Expect and Tcl,
both of those executables should return "windows". If
so, that is
exactly what I need, then all I would need to know now
is what are the
<flags> given to ./configure to make all of that
happen?

Thanks for all your help,
Brad

BTW, the cvs branch I'm looking at is gdb_5_2-branch,
cvs module is
insight+dejagnu