This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: [RFC] syntax highlighting
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Steven Johnson'" <sjohnson at sakuraindustries dot com>,"'Th.R.Klein'" <Th dot R dot Klein at web dot de>
- Cc: <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:25:41 +0100
- Subject: RE: [RFC] syntax highlighting
>From: Steven Johnson
>Sent: 05 August 2005 05:15
> With some work, i was able to apply the patch.
> In future, could you prepare your patch on the whole GDB/Insight Tree,
> instead of the individual files.
And can I also ask you send it as an attachment, rather than inline with
your text please? I had to manually unwrap a bunch of lines, and the
version in the web archive has lost all its indentation; it's always better
to send patches as attachments to prevent them being processed.
Anyway, I'll give this patch a go as well. I agree with Steven's points;
it needs to be en/dis-ableable, and it need to be parameterized to tie in
with gdb's notion of source language in some way. I wonder if there isn't
some existing language-agnostic open-source syntax highlighting component we
could plug in in some way? I'll have a bit of a browse on the web over the
Thomas and Vineeth, thank you both for your efforts.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....