This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: Compiling the latest GDB on cygwin
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Jingzhao Ou'" <jingzhao dot ou at gmail dot com>,"'Keith Seitz'" <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:21:36 +0100
- Subject: RE: Compiling the latest GDB on cygwin
>From: Jingzhao Ou
>Sent: 18 August 2005 19:04
> Keith Seitz wrote:
>> believe insight has outlived its usefulness, and most people are moving
>> onto other gdb front-ends.
> Regarding the usefulness of Insight, there is some good news. The
> Embedded Development Kit (EDK) from Xilinx (the largest company in
> reconfigurable hardware, http://www.xilinx.com/) uses Insight. I believe
> quite some researchers and engineers in the reconfigurable computing
> area are using Insight for embedded system development.
> Also, if you know about ModelSim from Mentor Graphics
> (http://www.model.com/), you will see that Tcl/Tk is very important in
> the EDA (Electronic Design Automation) world. Based on Tcl/Tk, I believe
> that Insight makes a lot of sense in EDA. For example, it is very
> suitable for tool integration issues.
Let me second that! I quite *like* the insight gui, and we also use
modelsim tcl/tk at my workplace!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....