This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
RE: [RFC] syntax highlighting
- From: "Jon Beniston" <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
- To: "'Th.R.Klein'" <Th dot R dot Klein at web dot de>
- Cc: <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:05:20 +0100
- Subject: RE: [RFC] syntax highlighting
> Sorry but I do not understand where I've done something that
> violates the existing copyright.
> As far as I'm interpreting this, I'm allowed to modify the
> source e.g.
> by adding the syntax highlighting stuff to it.
You are. If you want to take all the source and start your own fork that's
> Red Hat itself might have a set of rules which kind of
> modification they accept and which they will reject.
The only reason I can see why you need to assign copyright is so that Red
Hat can license Insight under a different (non-free) license. But maybe I'm
being a tad cynical.