This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: [RFC] syntax highlighting
- From: Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- To: insight at sources dot redhat dot com, Jon Beniston <jbeniston at compxs dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:54:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] syntax highlighting
- References: <20050825191343.GA998@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20050825195933.041274A805F@cgf.cx>
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:58:44PM +0100, Jon Beniston wrote:
>>>Good point. That is true for Cygwin though, isn't it?
>>No, cygwin doesn't incorporate GPLed code owned by other sources.
>I meant the fact that RedHat offer a non-free license, which is why
>copyright has to be assigned. Anyway, just to be clear, I'm cool with
>that. Nothing wrong with making money from your hard work. It's much
Oh. Sorry! Yes, Red Hat offers a non-free license for Cygwin and makes
$$$ from it every year.
I don't work for Red Hat anymore, though, so I'm sure they greatly
appreciate my efforts. :-)
Red Hat does (or used to) sell Insight but it's sold like any other
GPLed product that they provide. In that case Red Hat benefits from
Keith's non-paid activities since he only works on insight as a "hobby",