-nx and .gdbtkinit

Hi all,

The GDB -nx option currently causes Insight to ignore the .gdbtkinit (or gdbtk.ini) file.

This is a problem for me because I need to disable .gdbinit, but wish to continue using .gdbtkinit.

Why is it done this way? I am told .inputrc is always read, no matter what.

Would it be acceptable to totally remove this 'feature'? Or at least unhook it from -nx somehow?

I had posted an alternative solution (-nx-except-gdbtkinit) to gdb-patches here http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-11/msg00233.html, but that suggestion has not been met with much approval.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew Stubbs