Von: Keith Seitz [mailto:keiths@redhat.com] Gesendet: Samstag, 19. November 2005 17:58
An: Michael Stather
Betreff: Re: AW: Building insight independantly of gdb

Please post to the mailing list for the benefit of others.

Keith

Michael Stather wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.
I´ve a SuSE system where gdb is installed as a rpm package. And I use/test several IDEs which use GDB as a debugger.
So I don´t want insight to interfere with my gdb installation. I like to use it as a "seperate" program which uses it´s included gdb while other apps which request gdb use the installed one.
The thing with the path doesn´t work since /usr/local/bin appears before /usr/bin (where my installed gdb is) Can I configure switches (or whatever) to have insight compiled without installing gdb (but still using it). This would IMHO be the only possibility to install insight without interferring an installed gdb?