Re: Problem running insight on Solaris 5.7

Lentes, Joern wrote:

I managed to compile insight-weekly-6.40.50.20051212 after having troubles with older and stable versions.
Also the install went fine, but I can run insight only as root.
When I try to run it als normal user it just exits with code 1. When I start insight with option --tui --nw it works.
I checked with ldd which shared libs insight is using and checked user permissions on these. Everything is ok.

Perhaps the permissions are set improperly on one of the libraries or something? Weird!

What's the exit code -- is it really just 1? Wow. You might have to try debugging insight on gdb, setting a break on exit(). That should at least allow you to find out what is causing the exit.

How can I get more information out of insight, what the problem is? Does it right any logfiles? Any help is welcome.

If the debug system manages to load, setting GDBTK_DEBUG=2 in your environment will write a log file of the actually gui code (the tcl code). However, I'm betting you won't get that far. It sounds like gdbtk_init or something is bailing on you...