Re: Insight 6.4 GUI does not start on Mac OS X

Hermann-Simon Lichte wrote:

When I try to run powerpc-eabi-insight now, it immediately returns
with an exit code of 1 without outputting anything. However,
powerpc-eabi-insight -nw works fine, but I'd like to use the GUI. Now
I am out of my wits on this one. Can anybody help me? My goal is to
use Insight on my Mac to connect remotely to a Windows box running
ocdremote, so that I can perform the entire development on my
PowerBook.

I've heard that people have tried this. FWIW, I have never ever tried OS X, and I don't have access to such a machine.

WRT the "missing" itcl/itk files, did you check for the existence of itcl.tcl and itk.tcl in the directories insight said it was looking for them? This should be relatively easy to fix.

WRT insight just exiting, your best bet is to run insight under command-line gdb and set a break at exit. Then run and take a peek at the stack trace. That should be enough to tell you why Insight is exiting.