Re: how to link insight against 'external' TclTk frameworks on OSX

Hermann-Simon Lichte wrote:
Hello Richard,

what must i do to ensure insight's use of *my* tcl/tk frameworks?

On http://sourceware.org/insight/faq.php it says:

Right now, Insight MUST be built using the versions of Tcl, Tk, and Itcl that come with the sources. We're working to fix that, but it is going to take a lot of time. (Want to help?)

Okay, well that's mostly true. For example, I just replaced the versions of tcl and tk that come with Insight with the latest stable release from ActiveState. Add the configure.in and Makefile.in from the sourceware.org versions, and poof! Insight built with tcl/tk 8.4.12.

Now, as for using an external insight, the FAQ is correct. There is no way to do this just yet. It's going to require a bunch of autoconf hacking, and it could get tricky, since CVS will *always* have a copy Tcl around (for dejagnu).

I just haven't had either the time or the motivation to embark on this. I'm just not sure it's worth it: insight is on its last legs, as it were.