v850-unknown-elf, only simulator needed

Hi,

i'd like to configure & compile insight for the target
v850-unknown-elf.  I tried it like this on a Linux
host:
    ../../insight-6.4/configure \
    --target=v850e-unknown-elf \
    --prefix=/opt/v850e \
    --with-newlib \
    --disable-nls \
    --enable-languages="c,c++,java"

But when compiling (make) i get:
configure: error: "*** Gdb does not support target v850e-unknown-elf"

I only want to use the simulator, isn't it possible to
compile insight for v850-unknown-elf?

I try to do all this on Linux, it would be great if it would
also work on MinGW/MSYS.  If it is not possible to compile
insight on MSYS, is it possible to compile gdb on MSYS for
v850-unknown-elf?

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.