Re: How to do 'set print object on' for Insight

Once again, my apologies for the slow reply...

Franz wrote:
With 'set print object on' I can tell gdb to display the actual (derived) type
of the object rather than the declared type, using the virtual function table.
How can I do that in Insight so that I see the actual (derived) type of the
object in the watch window.

As you probably have figured out, there is no way to do this in insight. Actually, the problem does not rely on insight. It's a gdb problem.

For the watch and locals windows, insight uses gdb's varobj facility (which I actually wrote for insight, but it was later appropriated by gdb). Varobj has changed a little, but I don't think that anything like "set print object"-type thing was ever added to it.

You might try asking about "set print object" and "varobj" on the gdb mailing list. Someone there might be able to help you (or at least instruct you to file a bug).