RE: Problem with TCL

On 10 April 2007 08:50, Alexander Aganichev wrote:

>   While exactly same package
> (tcltk-20060202-1.tar.bz2/gdb-20060706-2.tar.bz2) runs fine on first,
> it fails on second:
>
> $ tclsh
> % cd /tmp
> couldn't change working directory to "/tmp": no such file or directory
> % exit
>
> $ insight
> ide_initialize_paths failed: couldn't change working directory to
> "C:/cygwin/bin": no such file or directory
>
> I was trying to rebuild Insight 6.6 from the sources on the second PC,
> but after building it fails with the same diagnosis. I found the
> package built by Mummit Khan long time ago
> (tcltk-8.3.4-all-cygwin.tar.gz) and tclsh from it works fine after
> building. So, at this point I'm totally confused. Any idea on what
> could be wrong with these all? Thanks in advance for any help.

  I think this is most likely a cygwin configuration difference between the
two machines.  Please run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" on each of the
two machines, then send those files as attachments with your next post, we'll
see if anything shows up.  (Actually, you'd better use a different filename on
each machine or I won't know which one is which....)

    cheers,
      DaveK