Insight not configured correctly?

Thanks to Brian's help, I successfully configured and built Insight
on my linux development system.

However, something else is wrong and I'm not sure what. When I invoke
Insight (after starting the gdbserver on my target) as
   >../insight-ppc/gdb/gdb -x ~/gdbcmd/clipp.gdbcfg

... on my target I do see: "Remote debugging from host <ip address>"
just as I'm used to seeing when I use remote gdb.

On my development system, I see this and nothing else:

========
GNU gdb 6.6
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=powerpc-linux".
0x3001059c in ?? () from
/opt/hardhat3.0/devkit/ppc/405/target/lib/ld.so.1
Current language:  auto; currently asm

===============
The cursor just sits there at the beginning of the blank line. If I hit
<enter> I get a (gdb) prompt and it acts like regular gdb.

The .gdbcfg file is the same one I've used with regular gdb and with
ddd.

I am telnetted into the linux development machine from an X window on my
PC. I would have expected another window to open up on my PC with
Insight in it, similar to the way DDD opens up a window.

Does this mean I did not choose the correct configuration options when
running the configure script?  Does it mean my target linux (MontaVista
Hardhat 3.0) may not be supported?  Is there something I can change/fix?

Thank you again,
Jeanne  (new to linux)

jpetrang at ciena dot com