Execution of ~/.gdbinit

Hi,

I have a very simple .gdbinit containing the following commands:

set history filename .gdb_history
set history save on
set history expansion on
echo .gdbinit has been executed \n

As far as I can se in the GDB documentation this should enable command
history such that when I write a command in the console, it should be
added to the history and load by the program the next time I start it.
The line '.gdbinit has been executed ' is never outputted anywhere
when I run insight.

If I issue a 'show history' command in the console i Insight I get the
following answer:

expansion:  History expansion on command input is on.
filename:  The filename in which to record the command history is
".gdb_history".
save:  Saving of the history record on exit is on.
size:  The size of the command history is 256.

But I am not able to scroll in the commands in the history.

If I run GDB in the same directory I have no problems.

Can anybody give an explanation ?

Best regards
Esben Rugbjerg

--