Amended Re: X11 stability with insight & gdb

Hello -

I tried another approach and have more data.

If I start 'insight' or 'source-navigator' from a console (xterm)
command and _don't_ start a separate console from 'insight' (yielding a
"read-only"  xterm it seems), then my original console stays 'live' and I
can run the application successfully and interrupt it either from the GUI
or from the console.

Is there a way to have 'insight' start a "true" console window for my
application, or is a foreground startup from a console command line the
best way to debug a native app?

Thanks.

 - John Mills