Re: Run an external command prior to running the debugger

Geert Vancompernolle wrote:

1. start Insight
2. start gdbserver on the target
3. type "R" to run the software on the debugger.

Is step 2 possible from within Insight? In other words: can I extend the Insight command "R" such that it first launches the gdbserver on the target and only then launches the debug session?

Sort of, yes. It's kind of hacky, and I'm not entirely sure how well it will work, but there is an "After Attaching" preference in the Target Settings dialog (click the "More Options" widget-thingy). This will run any gdb command after attaching to the target. You could add something to use gdb's "shell" command to spawn your gdbserver.

But like I said, I'm not sure how well that will work (or if it will work). My guess it has bitrotted...