Dialogue box messages: how?

Hi,

I would like to know how message boxes are triggered from GDB towards Insight.

One specific example: in the file "remote.c" (GDB), there's a warning
submitted in the function "remote_wait()", when there's an unsupported
character.

The code written is:

	  warning (_("Invalid remote reply: %s"), buf);

Something similar exists for "error()".

My question: how's the connection between the above warning and the
small warning dialogue that is shown on the screen?  Is GDB triggering
Insight to show the above warning in a "warning dialogue box"?  Or how
is it done?  Where's the connection between Insight and GDB in that
respect?

Best rgds,

--Geert