Re: Problems with SrcWin

>>  (1) after Insight is connected to target, the Control menu and
>> button items are still disabled. They'll be enabled after some actions
>> are done (ex. execute 'stepi' from ConsoleWindow.)
>
> This is usually caused by inferior code not setting a fake ptid for the UI.
> This is a very common problem with non-native targets. You can check this by
> inspecting the function gdb_target_has_execution. Check out what  the remote
> target does in extended_remote_create_inferior_1 (it sets inferior_ptid to
> some made up non-NULL entity). The value does not matter -- that it is
> non-NULL is all that is required.

  I found my target's xxxx_create_inferior() isn't called before
gdb_target_has_execution(). Maybe it's not a good port. So, I fix this
issue by removing the inferior_ptid part from
gdb_target_has_execution() directly.
  It seems can be fixed in srcbar.itcl:do_connect by setting Control
$Menu and $Tool into 'normal'.

>>  (2) after Insight is connected to target, the SrcWin displays
>> nothing... (there is no 'file', 'load', and 'symbol-file' command
>> executed.) I think, if there is no corresponding symbolic info, it
>> should fetch memory contents near $PC and display disassembled
>> instructions.
>
> Open a console window and type "list". If gdb does not return something,
> than Insight cannot, either. Insight will disassemble around $PC *if* gdb
> can find a function containing the PC (so that it knows the bounds of the
> function to disassemble). This is a gdb limitation that Insight has not
> worked around yet (and probably never will).

  Yes, I tried it out. Thanks!