Re: insight-weekly-6.8.50-20081103 fails to compile

Martin Rakhmanov wrote:
I see no val_print defined which accepts 10 args. How this ever could be checked in?

Because that change was made to gdb, and I was off last week, so I did not get a chance to update insight sources yet. I have a patch for this, but it is not yet tested, and I need to get back to paying work.

It looks like the project is almost dead. What is the future for insight?

IMO, there is very little future, but while I'm stuck using gdb for debugging, I will always keep insight limping along with the functionality I require (which is mostly just the source window, locals/watch, console, and bp window). Gdb is changing MUCH faster than I can keep up by myself.

As a result, I will probably put insight out to official pasture at the end of the year: meaning that I will officially step down as head maintainer, leaving that post vacant. The future of snapshots, releases, bug database, etc is undetermined. I will probably close/stop almost everything. This list will probably be one of the few things that remains.

Heck, with the work that's being done to integrate python into gdb, I might just start a new version of insight ((c) FSF this time) using python.

Believe it or not, I still believe we got a lot of things right.