Re: About machine.md in Insight Gdb in GCC porting

Hi:

> Change of tack: whenever you get somewhere you expect to see you .md file,
> open the console window and type "list". What does that say?
> Also, can you tell me what you do to reproduce the problem?
>
> If you give me a target triple and a test procedure, I can try to reproduce
> a working case here and use that to troubleshoot your scenario. Did you say
> some variety of arm worked?

I have tried in both GDB and Insight, the md file doesn't appear. The
list you mentioned is at left-top of the Insight GUI?
There is no such file in that list.
I don't know what 's the "a target triple " mean. Sorry.

> You should not need to specify -gdwarf-2 and -g3 (that I know). On most
> targets, -g will default to outputting dwarf 2. Just to eliminate the
> possibility (and I'm not saying that specifying both will do anything
> wrong), try just using "-g" -- at least while we try to debug this.

You solution seems to make sense, but I 've already tried your
solution to remove the -gdwarf-2 and -g3  flag.
And the md file still does not appear in Insight.

> That should not matter as long as the compiler (and assembler, if assembly
> is involved) are outputting debug info. I suspect they are not, but again, I
> don't know anything about gcc .md files or how they are used.

There is no assembler. it compile the c language to my machine assemble.
MD file is compounded with RTL (GCC intermediate language), which used
to describe machine instruction pattern, and C language.

HiThanks.