Re: libgui build machinery issues

On 08/17/2009 10:43 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
| config/ChangeLog:
| 2009-02-02  Doug Evans<dje@google.com>
|
|         * tcl.m4 (SC_PATH_TCLCONFIG): Don't exit 0 if tclconfig fails.
|         (SC_PATH_TKCONFIG): Don't exit 0 if tkconfig fails.
|         (SC_LOAD_TCLCONFIG): Quote all uses of TCL_BIN_DIR, it may contain
|         "# no Tcl configs found".
|         (SC_LOAD_TKCONFIG): Similarily for TK_BIN_DIR.

and I assume they ought to help also for libgui
(I can apply a patch to regenerate configure unless you disagree).

Yes, please. It was probably just on oversight on my part.

@TCLSH@ is not substituted by configure.  Maybe it was at some point
back?  Looking at the tree, I cannot tell what would be the right thing
here, or how this broke.  Maybe you need SC_PROG_TCLSH from
config/tcl.m4 and then use TCLSH_PROG, or BUILD_TCLSH?

To reproduce: I have configured my tree with
   '--enable-shared' '--disable-rda' '--enable-libgloss' '--enable-sim' \
   '--enable-maintainer-mode'

Yes, I think that the old configure was substituting TCLSH, but that got borked at some time or another. Using SC_PROG_TCLSH should be good enough. I'm the only one that ever really tweaks it, and that is as little as I possibly can manage. ;-)

If there is anything you would like me to do, don't hesitate to ask.