Re: Fw: Initialization Commands

On 11/02/2009 01:34 PM, María de los A. Vázquez wrote:

It returns 1. What do you mean with "environment"?

Yup. So that means your IDE is passing "-nx" to gdb/insight, suppressing reading of preferences. I don't know what platform you are on (Windows? Linux? Solaris? HPUX?), but if you set the environment variable INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES, insight will ignore the "-nx" flag.

On any unix-like box (including Cygwin), you can set the variable by using:

$ export INSIGHT_FORCE_READ_PREFERENCES=1

It has been a long time since I used a windows box, but a quick search got me this page from Microsoft's support pages (this is for XP -- I am sure something similar exists for Vista or Windows 7):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519

Something that is also really important for me is that gdb/insight could
keep the breakpoints
that I already declared. Did you know in which file does gdb/insight
save this information?

Insight does this automatically, when preferences are being read. They would be stored in the preferences file, .gdbtkinit on *nix and gdbtk.ini on windows (all in $HOME).