Re: Two small insight (gdb?) bugs

On 07/12/2011 09:32 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
1. In console I can set a breakpoint like this:

b main

But if I make a typo and enter an invalid symbol such as:

b mai

It hangs insight and I have to kill -9 it.

I am using CVS HEAD, and I cannot reproduce this problem. It brings up a dialog asking, "Make pending breakpoint based on future shared library load?"

What happens if you use insight in non-windowing mode ("-nw" flag) and make the typo? Does it still lock-up?

2. If I have a watch point window active with watches present and I
reload or reset my program, I get an error dialog when trying to
re-establish the watchpoints since they are lost after a reset or reload
(watch window comes up blank). The only way to re-define the watches is
to restart insight but at least it is not locked up like in 1. above.
Workaround: Try to remember to close watch window before reloading or
resetting.

I don't know if your procedure is the same as mine, but I am experiencing crash when re-running after the executable is recompiled, e.g., "insight foo", run, set watches, touch some sourcefile and recompile foo, "run" in the console.

This is happening because the varobjs are left in an unknown state, with stale pointers to memory. I will work on a fix for this, but this doesn't sound like your problem...

What does the error dialog say?