Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,

On 11/04/2011 10:09 AM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm that I'm doing it right this
time: I've downloaded the CVS head version -
insight-weekly-CVS-7.0.50-20091130.tar.bz2 from
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/current/. Is this is
working version? I see that there is no uninstall script for the
release version. What is the best way to completely remove the
installed version without creating any problems for the new
installation?

I would encourage you to checkout development sources, as described on the Download page (scroll down to "CVS"):

CVS: Check out a read-only copy of the trunk of the GDB CVS repository:

    cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src login
    [enter "anoncvs" as the password]
    cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co insight

This is what I use on a daily basis. GDB typically keeps the sources in good shape, although we are just after a release, and big patches are going in to work out the problems.

Nonetheless, you can always grab the 7.3 release of gdb and slap a similar vintage src/gdb/gdbtk folder into the build.

I *really* should do another release. Maybe your problems will encourage me to do so. [If I do, I'll let you know!]