Re: Next Release Status

On 12/18/2011 10:37 AM, Bahadir Balban wrote:
I built and installed the latest CVS (insight version 7.4-cvs). However
when I load an executable and step, the execution moves forward, but the
source screen does not update; it's in the very first state (with the
green bar stuck at the first line of source). Anyone experienced this
behavior?

I just built CVS HEAD to do some testing and build-fixing. I am not seeing this.

If you open a console window and enter, "tk gdb_loc" after you step your inferior, what does it say? This is essentially the function that the GUI uses to update its location information from the inferior's state.

You can also open a debug window to see any warning/errors by entering "tk ManagedWin::open DebugWin". As you step through your inferior, it will update with any messages. [Alternative, set GDBTK_DEBUG=1 in your environment before running insight. That will output the debug messages to the file "insight.log".]

Is there a known stable cvs branch? (I could not locate the git repo).

CVS HEAD is all there is. Insight is unfortunately not in GIT yet.