Re: Steps to build Insight for Windows

On 01/10/2013 12:46 PM, Hugh Sparks wrote:

The CVS browser does work and I could see an expat directory. Evidently
the archives I tried are too old? Is there somewhere I can download the
appropriate sources? Any insight into why source code doesn't
appear in the debugger would be appreciated.

Yes, the tarballs you downloaded are quite old, indeed. I keep meaning to make an official release, but life has really gotten in the way. My bad.

The easiest thing to do is checkout the latest sources from CVS HEAD. If you can't do that, let me know, and I'll tar up a copy and either send it to you or put it somewhere you can get at it.

As for the source files not being found, I would first try opening a console window and typing "list" or "list <SOMEF UNCTION>". If that doesn't get you source, either, then you will need to modify the source search path using gdb's "dir" command (type "help dir" into the console for help on that).

The other thing to check is that you really do have debug info. For a function defined in the source file you cannot list, type "info func <FUNCNAME>". Gdb will tell you whether it has any debuginfo for that function. If it only gives "Non-debugging symbols", then your CU was not actually built with debuginfo (or it was stripped, damaged, etc).