Re: GUI configuration changes (How to?)

On 12/21/2012 03:54 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
Unfortunately, some of the source file names are now so long that they
don't fit in the box in the top upper left of the main window. Is there
a way to make that box wide enough so accommodate the longest file name
automatically? (This would require that the middle box containing
function names to automatically become smaller, however, I never use
this box anyhow.)

That is a possibility. A nicer (and more costly implementation) would be to decide upon some sort of heuristic for displaying very long names, e.g, display the last N characters of the filename preceded by "..." and then use hover balloons to display the full filename if the user hovers over it. [That last bit is probably slightly tricky.]

The code to fill the combobox is in srcwin.itb, SrcWin::fillNameCB.

But I have no clue where in the code (tk/tcl?) this is determined

These are in srcwin.itb. Look for the combobox::combobox calls for $_statbar.name and $_statbar.func in SrcWin::_build_win.

I can scroll the file name box content (only when dropped down) but it
is somewhat awkward and it forces you to always select something.

Hmm. On Linux at least, hitting escape or clicking outside the bounds of the combobox will cancel the drop down. Does it not do this for you? [What host/Tcl version?]

There is also a function browser window that does allow you to see a wider
view of the filename list, but I don't see a way for the selected file
there to instantly appear in the main window, only in its own file
viewer window.

Adding an item to open in the main source window should be doable (and relatively easy).