Re: Installing insight with existing gdb

On 01/11/2013 05:29 PM, yashgt wrote:
If this assumption is true, and if I have GDB already installed, its
libraries may be somewhere on the system. Can I use the same libraries to
link with the Insight executable?

That might be possible, but it will be a very manual process. The problem is that Insight requires gdb's config.h and several other build-generated files.

If you have a build of gdb lying around that you want to use, simply drop in the missing insight bits and that would probably work (make sure insight is of a similar vintage as gdb -- gdb changes rapidly and often incompatibly). You'll need the tcl, tk, itcl directories (if you are not using system-supplied versions), libgui, and gdb/gdbtk directories, too.