Re: Branch tag gdb_7_6-branch added for insight specific sources

On Wed, 22 May 2013 13:03:13 -0700
Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/22/2013 12:50 PM, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> > I've added the gdb_7_6-branch branch tag for the following insight
> > specific source directories:
>
> Cool -- thank you for doing that. I've been meaning to do this, too. I
> want to cut a new branch off of the 7.6 branch to do an insight release
> with.
>
> In that regard, if you could add a branchpoint tag, that would be
> helpful with any future releases/merges.

I've added the tag, insight_7_6-2013-04-10-branchpoint, to the same
insight specific sources mentioned in my earlier email.

Note that this is different than the tag that the rest of GDB used as
a branch point.  The tag for the rest of gdb is
gdb_7_6-2013-03-12-branchpoint.  It may actually have been possible
to use the same date for this set of tags, but in the past that has not
been possible due to the gdbtk sources lagging somewhat behind the
rest of GDB.

> PS. I've been meaning to move the main insight sources to git and using
> gdb as a remote repository, like we do with archer. Do you have any
> objections with this? [Insight would be in a) archer directly, b) a new
> sourceware git toplevel, or c) github. Or at least that's what I'm
> currently desiring. After using git for the last few years, I can barely
> remember (or live with) CVS!]

I don't know enough about git to comment on which of those three options
is best, but have no objections otherwise.  If you do this, it'll force me to
learn more about git which is probably a good thing!

Kevin