Re: gnu.math.Numeric

> That's probably not the right way to do it, though.  The right way
> probably involves using parameterized types, which will hopefully
> be available in Java one of these days.
> --

Hopefully !

In a sense I'm working on this subject. My language can be seen as an
extension of Java with parameterized types (and more: constrained
polymorphic types, ...). It has a completely different type system of
course, but Java can be seen as a special case, and appropriate syntactic
sugar can hide the difference to end-users. This means you'll eventually be
able to start programming in java, and progressively come to more elaborate
types if you need them (of course you do ! ;-)

About mult_ident: this is not an issue not to have it static. This just made
it more difficult for me to guess what it did.

Daniel