Re: two bugs and a buggy patch

per@bothner.com wrote:

> Please remember to send patches in diff -u or diff -c format.
> The plain diffs are not reliable.

Ok.

> I would like to make it so that record-type-name also works for
> non-Java names.  In the short run, I think it makes sense to
> write an "unmangle" procedure.  However, mangling is not
> guaranteed to be invertible, so you may not get back exactly the
> same type and field names.  It is possible and desirable to get
> the exact names, but that may not be worth it for the record feature,
> which should be deprecated anyway.

maybe a one-way mangling is enough for applications...
The record mangles all field names when accessed, then it compares with
the actual slot names.

> You do currently have the alternative of using the module feature
> for defining new class types, though that may be a bit cumbersome.
> (You have to put each class in a separate .scm file.)

My problem arose when I tried to use an rb-tree implementation in the
SLib; I would like to preserve the original source as much as possible.

> What do you think about the SRFI-9 Record Type feature
> (http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-9/srfi-9.html)?  I would like
> Kawa to implement that.

I'll give it a look; I can't access directly http from office.

> Or perhaps getting define-class working is more important?
>
> > Another problem with quasiquoting.
> >
> > #|kawa:1|# ,a
> > gnu.mapping.UnboundSymbol: Unbound symbol unquote
>
> That is the correct behavior, I believe.  Perhaps you're
> complaining that error message is not that information?
> Remember that ,a is syntactic sugar for (unquote a),
> according to R5RS.

I'm sorry, it was an error of mine.

--
	(--cafe babe--)