Re: manual organization

brlewis@alum.mit.edu writes:

> Here's my rationale for separate sections: Most users who want a
> tutorial are interested in quickly learning the standard things the
> tool is used for.

I tend to agree that there should be a tutorial/cookbook section first,
and a reference section later.  We can view these are two parts of
the same manual, or two manuals with cross-references.

> Particularly confusing items in the reference section might cross-ref
> the tutorial section, e.g. primitive-[whichever]-method.

And of course the tutorial can cross-reference the reference manual
for the "gory details".  But how many references are best?