Re: One last bit 'bout serializing

Per Bothner wrote:

> a ModuleBody.  To do that, I would consider calling
> kawa.standard.require.find in the target VM (using the current
> global environment in the target for 'env').

Ok. So this, I understand, is how 2 global environments can be merged from within Java.

> Serializing a non-top-level function is probably possible, but I
> suspect a bit trickier.

But that's exactly what I'm doing. Things go fine as long as the function doesn't use toplevel functions defined outside its module. One of the problems is that when the deserialized version of the function is applied, it doesn't find the global env at the new site (even though kawa.repl has been set up) -- NullPointerException before anything is ever done (By `anything' I mean Interpreter.getInterpreter, or Environment.global_lookup, etc). Thus, my question was: How can this link be tweaked?

Thanks
Ittai