Re: Kawa examples

"Heineman, William P" <william_p_heineman@groton.pfizer.com> writes:

> 	I'd like to thank you for Kawa. I am able to leverage my Java
> experience heavily while taking up the Scheme diamond. Excellent job. The
> interface with the java stuff works just the way I'd have done it. On the
> other hand, what's sorely missing is a collection of examples that people
> new to Kawa (and Scheme) but familiar with Java can use. I have a number of
> example files I'd like to contribute (basically, small apps I did to learn
> about Kawa and Scheme). Is there somewhere I can send them, is anyone
> collecting sample programs and apps now, or should I start a webpage to
> collect them myself?

Since you wrote and understand the examples, I think it makes sense
for you package them up with a little description, as a web page.
Then we can see if and where it makes sense to add a link to the
example(s) from the Kawa manual.

I think it makes sense to install the examples and web pages
somewhere under www.gnu.org/software/kawa, but it may be easier
for you to put together an example directory on your own site,
and then when it is stable, we'll copy it over.