Re: can't find class foo

"David N. Welton" <davidw@linuxcare.com> writes:

> @eugene [~/test] $ kawa --main -C foo.scm
> (compiling foo.scm)
>
> @eugene [~/test] $ java foo
> Can't find class foo
>
> > Which versions of Kawa and Java are you using?
>
> java version "1.1.8"
> Kawa 1.6.67, from CVS

Well, I tried 1.1.8 (on RedHat Linux), and things work.

You might try:
        $ java kawa.repl --main -C foo.scm
just in case the kawa program is picking up an old version
of kawa.

Also, take a look at the generated foo.class.  (If there isn't
one, then I guess we know why we're getting "Can't find class foo"
but there is still the mystery why it is not being written.)
You can use "javap foo" or "java gnu.bytecode.dump foo.class".
Examine the output to sure there is a main method of the correct type.